Thursday, August 28, 2014

A Week's Worth of Readiness - A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Wow!  How to mess something up - not very together for a Together Teacher post!!!  I do apologize for getting this on here a day late.

This was a wonderful chapter full of information that I am going to use.  If I had already done so, this would have been posted yesterday!!!

I am totally in love with the Weekly Worksheet.  Having that to-do list right there in the open in just what I need.
Weekly Worksheet
I continue to appreciate the author's philosophy that "the process matters more than the product".  I totally agree with her.  There is no one-size-fits-all way for everyone to get organized.  Her steps through the process is extraordinary though.  The fact that she offers various worksheets (weekly worksheets) that allows everyone to select their own - or even have something to base their own from makes it very versatile.

Why do I like this weekly worksheet besides the to-do list format?  I like that there are multiple sects to put different types of tasks together.  In previous chapters, the author has mentioned to put like things together.  That only makes sense - right?  Why don't I do more of that?  I am now.  In the past, it would never fail that I would put all of my to-do's in one big list and end up not getting to most of it or get overwhelmed and say the heck with it.  I think that by categorizing things it is in more manageable chunks and that I am able to do like things together when it makes sense to do them - instead of flipping from one type of task to another.  

There are also Daily Worksheets that will also come in handy.  I am starting to put them in place as well.  The come in handy when I arrive at school and I can see what needs to be done before our staff meetings. Are there copies to be made, books to gather for my lesson, people to talk to, etc.  I am feeling so much more prepared for school.  I have to admit though that I am still working on gathering my non-school activities into the same place.  I am going to get there though.

Thank you Kelly from An Apple for the Teacher for letting me take part in your book study.

If you have not read the book yet, please make sure you pick up The Together Teacher by Maia Heyck-Merlin.



1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad at all! I wrote up a post for chapter 7 only to realize I had gotten ahead of myself and had to go back and write up the correct chapter! GRRR! At least I am ahead for next week - talk about being together - LOL! I do love how she gives so many different options - it really can work for anyone!

    ReplyDelete