I'm linking up to this week's Just Reed! Ten Pin Linky. This week's topic is reading ideas. This is my first time linking up, and what fun. I get to go back into my reading board and find all those great pins I haven't looked at in a while. I have been wanting to do this some time this summer, now I have a great reason!
3. This is a very creative anchor chart for Author's Purpose!! It really caught my eye!
4. This one I thought was just a simple but memorable way to show the 3 ways to read a book.
5. This pin is an excellent way to illustrate text connections. The more you can visualize those abstract concepts the better!!
6. Most of my pins seem to be bulletin boards or visuals. This one is no exception - character trait bulletin board!!! I like the way they attached the traits to the book cover images.
7. I'm always looking for different ways to add to vocabulary instruction. I want to put this to use this year with the texts I will be using. It refers to the book Bringing Words to Life: Robust Vocabulary Instruction. I read this book as part of a book study years ago. It is also one that is mentioned in the Common Core Appendices.
8. Love this CRAFT board. Ladybug's Teacher Files is one of my favorite blogs. I really like how she expanded it from CAFE. Her resources / printables are always so bright and cheerful.
9. I'm lovin' these Bloom's Buttons cards. I've got to get these printed and laminated. I am putting them in a center this year.
10. Visual and concrete tools are always needed when teaching reading. I thought this one was just too cute! I can't wait to use this to teach main idea and details.
Wow! That was a blast going through my pins. I need to do this more often. I hope I was able to share something new for you to check out.