Wednesday, July 10, 2013

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things.......

I'm linking up with Jessica @ Covered in Glitter and Glue for What I'm Loving Wednesday.
First off is Bloglovin'!  Don't you just love this blog reader.  It is so easy to view the new blog posts - you get a daily email that has many of them, but when you go to the web, it is easy to flip from one post to another.  Yes, it is very user friendly.  

Follow on Bloglovin

Recently I invested in a new tool for my classroom library.  I bought a book scanner - IntelliScanner.  I got the classic version because they have a special price for teachers.  It enables me to easily scan all of my books and put them in a database.  Now I can keep track of all of my books - it even has a lender feature on it, so I can better keep track of the books students use.  I have only scanned a few of my books so far, but when I get access to my classroom I will be scanning them all - or should I say, my daughter will!!!!!!

Another super item I have discovered this summer is Pilot's B2P pens.  These pens are recycled from  water bottles.  Isn't that fantastic!  Not only that, but they have refills so that you don't have to keep buying the pens - that is unless someone snags them from you or you leave pens laying around like I do.  I found mine at Walmart, but Amazon also carries them.  

These pens write so smooth.  I know that I will be purchasing several of these so that I have them on hand - as well as their refills.  






Well, these are just a few of my favorite things - you need to check them out!!!  You won't be disappointed - I promise!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love that Intelliscanner! I had no idea such a cool thing existed! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yea! My daughter thought I was nuts because I was so excited about it! Last year I tried to type all my books in Excel, but ended up quitting before I was halfway through. I can't wait to get to my classroom to get going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a fancy scanner! I love the idea of having all of your books organized and accounted for.

    Those pens look great! I like the idea of them too.

    Jessica
    Covered in Glitter and Glue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I am so stoked to have my books accounted for. Will make things easier.

      The pens are great!!! I am amazed at how well they write - so smooth! Sometimes recycled items are cheaply made, but these are quality pens.

      Delete