Monday, July 8, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination

How fun is this?!  I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Sarah of Kinder Cakes.  To accept this nomination I have to do a few things:

1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them

I am choosing to nominate the following blogs - Going with a 3rd Grade theme:


11 Questions posted by my nominator:


1. What is your favorite dessert?
  • My favorite dessert is tiramisu!  YUMMY!  I can't get enough of the stuff - that is - when I get it.  I haven't tried to make it myself, even though it is supposed to be easy to make.  I generally only get it when I go to Olive Garden.
2. If you could be a Disney Princess, who would you be?
  • I would choose to be Ariel.  I love to explore and travel.  I also never seem to be happy with the status-quo.  I am always wanting to find out more - or learn more!!!
3. What is your dream car?
  • I actually got my dream car this year - a 2013 Nissan Rogue in Black Amethyst.  
4. What is your favorite TV show?
  • I have several shows I like to watch, but I make sure to DVR Days of Our Lives every day.  I have watched it since I was a little girl with my mom!  I am a Soap addict - there are not many of them left!
5. What is the last song you listened to?
  • How Country Feels by Randy Houser - I love his voice!!!
6. What is your favorite animal?
  • I love my kittens.  We have 5 kittens that are 7 weeks old today!  Each have their own personality.  
7. Which holiday is your favorite?
  • My favorite holiday would be Thanksgiving.  I love everything about fall, and Thanksgiving is all about food and family!!!  What more is there to love!!!
8. What is your favorite fruit?
  • This one is hard to answer - I love fruit!!!!  I eat a lot of Granny Smith apples and Asian Pears.  But - I love berries, citrus fruit,bananas, etc.  
9. What was the last thing you ate?
  • I stopped at Hardees and had a Jim Beam Bourbon Burger for lunch!!
10. If you could meet a character from a picture book, who would it be?
  • Skippyjon Jones.  He is so much fun.  I love reading the books to my class, and reading with the voices.  I bought a stuffed Skippy from Kohls last years, as well as several hard back books.  
11. Where would you vacation if money was no object?
  • I would love to go and spend a few weeks in Williamsburg, VA.  I am a big history buff.  I remember going with my family when I was a child.  I would love to be able to take my time and check everything out.  There is also a Busch Gardens in the area.  
11 Random Facts about myself:
  • I love to go to the movies - my daughter and I go often.
  • I was a teenage mommy
  • I love books - I have way to many - both for me to read, and for my classroom.
  • One year when I was in college, I gave up chocolate for Lent, and ended up going a year without eating it - I still don't each much of it
  • My favorite color is neon green
  • I am teaching in the same county school system that I grew up in - just a different school.
  • I love to crochet and cross-stitch
  • I was 32 when I became a grandmother
  • I am a morning person - and prefer to be early wherever I go
  • I hate science - I have all through school - and it is the hardest subject for me to teach
  • I played the saxophone in middle school.
11 Questions for my Nominees:
  1. What is your favorite subject to teach?
  2. Do you collect anything & what?
  3. Do you / Have you played an instrument?
  4. What is the last book you have read?
  5. What is your favorite genre of music?
  6. Why did you become a teacher?
  7. What do you think about year-round school?
  8. Do you consider yourself organized?
  9. Are you a salty or sweet snacker?
  10. What is your favorite season of the year?
  11. What is your favorite candle scent?
Thanks, Sarah for the nomination.  I hope I have shared something interesting for my followers!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! That's so awesome! I enjoyed reading your responses! Your blog is so cute, I love finding new 3rd grade blogs! :)

    Lindsey
    Mrs. Johnson's Little Prowlers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I love finding fellow 3rd grade bloggers. So fun seeing what others are all about!

    ReplyDelete